National Employer Support Awards announced
Defence’s National Employer Support Awards have been announced in a unique hybrid in-person and virtual event, recognising the nation’s employers across Australia for their continued contribution and support to Australian Defence Force (ADF) reservists.
Minister for Veterans’ Affairs and Minister for Defence Personnel, Andrew Gee, joined Chief of the Defence Force, General Angus Campbell, and Secretary for Defence, Greg Moriarty, and other senior Defence leaders at the event in Canberra. He spoke of his high-regard for the organisations that have demonstrated outstanding support to their reservists in each state and territory, which were linked to Canberra through a live video stream.
“Across Australia, we have more than 28,000 active ADF reservists who contribute vital skills and capability to the Defence of our nation,” Minister Gee said.
“This would not be possible without the support from their civilian workplaces which allowed them to perform a variety of roles, including protecting and rebuilding local communities impacted by COVID 19.”
The winners of the 2021 National Employer Support Awards are:
- BHP, Western Australia—large private sector organisation
- CSR Cemintel, New South Wales—medium private sector organisation
- MV2, South Australia—small private sector organisation
- Westmead Hospital, Emergency Department, New South Wales—public sector organisation, and
- Careflight Limited, New South Wales—not-for-profit organisation.
Honourable mentions also went to:
- INLOC International, Queensland—medium private sector organisation, and
- WA Association for Mental Health, Western Australia—not-for-profit organisation.
Minister Gee said the contribution civilian employers provided, by supporting their reservist employees, has helped the ADF respond quickly and effectively in a time of crisis.
“I’ve seen first-hand how communities across the country benefitted from the support from our ADF during Defence’s COVID-19 response,” Minister Gee said.
“Our reservists are a highly skilled and disciplined workforce, whose service to our country during the unprecedented circumstances of COVID-19 pandemic was made possible by the support of employers.”
“I commend the award-winning organisations and all the nominees for their continued support of our ADF reservists and their communities across Australia.”
Last update: Friday, 26 November 2021